[fdutils] Need help with weird floppy issue

Uwe Teetz mhteetz at aon.at
Wed Mar 8 18:56:48 CET 2006

Hi Donnie,

I found an even better solution, put an AM (455kHz) LC IF filter and a capacitor in place of the ceramic resonator. Mine worked fine, adjustable from 400 to 600 kHz the motor following the in speed.

If you recycle a filter from an old radio, look to it from the bottom, it should have a capacitor build in and connected to two of the mostly five pins. Use those two. Very common are the outer two pins on the side with three pins.

I will do some testing with the floppymeter later on.

Uwe