[fdutils] Need help with weird floppy issue

Uwe Teetz mhteetz at aon.at
Wed Mar 8 18:59:43 CET 2006

Hi Donnie,

to the motor speed:

the 3 phase syncron motor controller has a ceramic resonator as reference -> nothing to adjust.

Many of my drives here use 492kHz and 491kHz resonator. This slight difference will not help. For testing I removed the resonator and feed to one pin a signal from an extern oscillator with 1V~ output (you have to try which one is the input to the controller) See pic2. I could regulate the motor from half to double speed easily.

You could also try to replace the ceramic resonator wit a 455kHz resonator used as IF filter in AM radio receiver or put one small RC oscillator in to the case. RC oscillator (potentiometer adjustable) samples are plenty in the net.

good luck,

Uwe