[fdutils] Need help with weird floppy issue

Donnie Barnes djbarnes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 03:23:56 CET 2006

Okay, nevermind.  I think my frequency generator is just a piece of junk
(and consequently have a new one on order).

I broke down and cracked open an old radio I had laying around and while I
didn't find a coil like was suggested, I did find a device that looked
suspiciously like a 455kHz resonator!  So I pulled it and it seems to work.
Drive is mo slow now.  Still gotta take it to the game and see what happens,
but at least I can slow a drive down.  *shrug*

The resonator I found had three legs, but found the right combination on the
second try.  Woot.

floppymeter is reporting just over 211170 for the time between rotations.
That's pretty extreme compared to what the OEM S24 drive was doing (200415),
so we'll see.

--Donnie